11:28 Team Dr. Adawal 3 comments
The deity one worships is also known, among other matters of life, from the Birth Chart. A look at the birth chart would indicate the position of Lagna Lord, Jupiter, 5th Lord and 9th Lord. All these factors combined with aspect of the Lagna Lord, 5th Lord and 9th Lord and by these planets on each other does help in knowing the spiritual- cum- religious bent of mind of the native. Further, persons born with Jupiter in 5th house or 9th house automatically get to the worship of Lord Shiva in one form or the other. Some say that Jupiter in Lagna also gives the same bent of mind and the natives get the institutive powers. Without multiplying the astrological principles, the delineation and analysis of the Mantra of Lord Shiva would be helpful for all to know the inbuilt strength in the Mantra and how it is useful in every walk of life.
2. Recitation of Mantra has come to us from ancient times and the power of a Mantra as laid down in Vedas, Tantra Shastras and other scriptures is well known. Rather, it would be apt to say that taking refuge in Mantras has come to stay as a way of life. Mantra be small or it may be a big and the smallest. The smallest and single but very powerful word is ‘Aum’, and small mantra can be ‘Om Nama Shivaye’, Little lengthy Mantra can be Maha Mritunjaya Mantra or Gayatri Mantra and still we have more lengthy mantras of Lord Ganesha and other divine forces.
3. Mantras have been recognized as one of the efficacious means to invoke the blessing of a specifics deity and the results achieved have to be with the devotion of the native concerned (Sadhaka’s devotion) and I would like to say that if a Mantra is recited without expecting any reward, the result would be more beneficial and automatic.
4. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra can overcome untimely death- rather it can help the native to come out of the jaws of death and also to get rid of death- like troubles. In addition, recitation of this Mantra can help the native to get all things including getting children, prosperity in business or profession, in getting happy married life, getting union of the separated couples if they show the intention for re- union, victory over enemies, getting favorable judgments in litigation and all matters troubling the native from womb to tomb.
5. It has been seen that some people, short of enlightenment, question the validity of this Mantra but in my opinion they have not honestly tried this Mantra with the needed devotion or they have not come in contact with genuine persons who could give guidance. Mantras are not more letters or group of letter but they have the divine force in their vibrations when recited. Lord Shiva himself said in ‘Chandi Vidhana’.
This means “He is the meanest of men who states that (the idol of) Chandi (a synonym of Sakthi or Parvathi, Lord Siva’s consort) is simply made of mind, Rudra Yamala is simply a book , and Mantras are simply a conglomeration of letter or characters.”
6. Here it is considered apt to refer to an episode in Shiva Puran in the context of Lord Shiva’s Mantra. Sage Dadhicha was struck by king Kshuva by his thunderbold. The broken limbs were joined by Sukra on invocation by the sage and having performed penance by reciting Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, the sage got three booms, immunity from death and absence of distress.
7. On the basis of material published in various books aaabout this Mantra, it is stated that Mahamrityunjaya Mantra consisting of 62 syllables was given to Sukra by Lord Shiva. This Mntra is as under:
Om Haum Om Jum Om Sah Om Bhooh Om Bhuvah Om Svah,
Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam,
Urvaarukamiva Bandhanaan Mrityor Mukshee ya Maamritat,
Om Svah Om Bhuvah Om Bhooh Om Sah Om Jum Om Haum Om.
8. Maha Mritunjaya Mantra from Yajur Veda consist of 33 syllables and this Mantra as obtained from Yajur Veda in the following from is popularly recited by devotes of Lord Shiva and others:
Om Trayambakam Yajaamahe Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam,
Urvaarukamiva Bandhanaan Mrityor Mukshee ya Maamritat.
9. In certain old texts including Prasara Hora, recitation of Mantra had been recommended for overcoming the bad and malefic effects of planets in their period i.e. Dasa. The effect of each malefic and even benefic would depend on the horoscope. Thus there is need to see the totality of the horoscope and its malefic content on account of signs, planets, strength of planets, how planets improve their position in divisional charts specially in Nnvamsa and Dasamasa.
10. The important point which need consideration is as to when one should commence recitation of Mritunjaya Mantra. It will be effective if one chooses to commence recitation on the day of one’s birth star or the 10th star or the 19th star. Regarding as to how many times, Mantra need to be recited, there is difference of opinion. Deva Karalam in his Chandra Kala Nadi has suggested recitation of this mantra one crore (ten million times) recitation of this Mantra to get rid of killer diseases and also overcome the danger of untimely death. Other have suggestion recitation of one Lakh, one lakh twenty five thousands and the minimum suggestion is to recite this Mantra 108 (one hundred eight) times. However, in view of modern times and less time available with the native, one can start recitation of Mantra 11 times, 21 times, 51 times, and so on though every person can spare time if he has the intention to do.
11. The place for recitation of Mantra is equally important. Preferably the Mantra should be done in a temple particularly dedicated to Lord Shiva. In the alternative, the place to be selected should be a clean spot or holy premises and the place to place so selected is called ‘Divya Desa’. Further, the place should be pure with calm surroundings. The Mantra of Lord Shiva recited before ‘Shivalinga’ or other image of Lord Shiva can give the results in a short span of time.
12. The native should start recitation of this Mantra after prayer to Lord Ganesha- the remover of all obstacles so that no obstacle is faced while starting and during the course of recitation of this Mantra.
13. The timings for recitation of this Mantra should be regularly and not haphazard manner though in the modern times native has to be permitted to recite this Mantra any time any where even shale in office during his spare time. What is needed is the devotion of the native in reciting this Mantra.
14. Normally, Brahama Mahurta i.e. at about 4.00 A.M. is considered beneficial for the recitation of this Mantra. Then at the time of Sun- rise when the native should be free after morning ablutions. The native should not sit on the plain floor as the vibrations produced from the Mantra shall be lost. However, the Mantra can be recited while walking or when the native is having some free time and free mind even while in office. In other words, the native becomes devoted and he can constantly go on reciting this Mantra to be termed as ‘Ajay Japa’.
15. The native should, before starting the Mantra, should lit ghee-lamp (Diya) to the deity and invoke Lord Shiva through this Mantra. The Lord- conquer of death, has three eyes i.e. the Sun, the Moon and the Fire.
16. The number of recitation of the Mantra should be uniform and should not be different on different days. One can start even with number 11 or so and this minimum should be done daily to the extent possible. Then the number of recitation can be increased. The native should lead a strict disciplined life in all manners during the period of recitation as per scheduled programme for this Mantra.
17. Sages have explained the inherent meaning of this auspicious Mantra and some meanings of the words of this Mantra are as under:
i) ‘Tryambakam’ denotes one under whose reign exist three mothers Creators of the Universe i.e. Ichcha Sakti, Kriya Sakti and Gnama Sakti.
ii) ‘Aum’ consisting of three syllables are also three eyes of Lord Shiva.
iii) ‘Sugandhim’ - lord instills auspiciousness everwhere.
iv) ‘Puahti Vardhanam- Lord endowed with the power of increasing ‘Pushti’- strength and potency. It also means Lakshmi.
v) ‘Yajaamahe’ means that the devotee surrenders himself to the Lord ‘Yagya’ is a sacrifice offered to the relevant deity with a specific vow.
vi) ‘Mukshee - ya’ - Ma Amritaat- With recitation of this Mantra, the native shall establish a relationship with the Lord and if once with the Lord, the relationship may not be broken.
18. Mantra of Lord Shiva is also connected with energies of the Lord- direction- wise:
East - Energy following from East is called Ambika (Trayamabakam Yajaamahe)
South - Energy following from South is called VAAMA (Sugandhim Pushthivardhanam)
West - Energy following from West is called Lord Mahadeva (Urvaarukmiva Bandhanan)
North - Energy following from North is called Draupadi of Lord Sanjeevaneesa. (Muksheeya Maamaritat).
19. As is known, the Mantra is in two lines. The first line introduces Lord Shiva along with Gauri placed in the right leg of the native. The 2nd line introduces Lord Vyapinesa (Shiva) located in the kept leg of the native. The two lines combined in the entire Mantra denote Lord Shiva as Sarvaakhyesa in the company of his energy called ‘Anaakhya’ spread all-over the body.
20. Mahamritunjaya Mantra is the most auspicious Mantra as per Vedas. Daily recitation of this Mantra alone is sufficient to ward off all evils and curses and has the divine strength to save the native from all difficulities and hurdles of life. The devoted recitation of this Mantra bestows health, wealth and power and also saves the native from ‘akal mrityu’ or untimely death. This mantra is also known as Amrit Sanjivani Nidhya Mantra. For attaining ‘Vidya’ (education), and also for fulfillment of other desires, recite the Mantra while pouring sweetened milk on Shiva Lagna.
21. If you want to recite Mantra, of Lord Shiva or to do any other remedy via Mantra, it is suggested that in Hindu Shastras, remedy should be carried out for a minimum of 40 days and maximum for 43 days continuously. Recitation should be carried preferably between sunrise and sunset and should be started on an auspicious day. Recitation should be done by others though in the case of a sick person, recitation may be done by others.
22. I shall be obliged if the readers may throw more light on the meaning and characteristics of the Mantra of Lord Shiva. The Mantra had been accepted as universal panacea for all diseases and to over- come all obstacles in life.
Join Facebook Group: (http://www.tinyurl.com/adawal)
"Astrology: Dr. Shanker Adawal" And Ask for Free Online Astro Queries on SEX LIFE, LUCK, FAMILY, MATTERS, CHILDREN, LOVE, CARRIER, STOCK and DAILY SUN SIGN PREDICTION Etc.